5 Signs Your Drain Needs Cleaning
Like any area of your home, drains can fall into disrepair and need your attention. Drains can get clogged with all sorts of debris like loose hair, cleaning products, and food waste. You may try store-bought or homemade drain cleaners as a way to clear your drains before calling a plumber, but these chemical cleaners are a temporary fix that never truly fixes the root of the problem. Luckily, you can call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to help alleviate your drain clogs and perform a professional drain cleaning. But how do you know when the problem has gone beyond a slightly sluggish drain and into a need for a plumber’s help?
Here are five signs that your drains can use professional cleaning:
- Slow draining. When it comes to clogged drains, one of the easiest signs to notice is slower drainage. Is your sink or bathtub draining slower than it normally does, if at all? Does your washing machine or dishwasher still have a lot of water in it after running a cycle? As well as being an inconvenience, this is a sign of a blockage somewhere in your pipes. A professional drain cleaning will release the clogs in your drains and allow water to easily flow through your pipes.
- Backed up drains. When drains need cleaning, sometimes water that should have been drained will come back up. You might have gurgling toilets or standing water in your sink. If water is going back up the drain, it’s a sign that it should be cleaned.
- Sewage smells. One of the more unpleasant and noticeable signs of a clogged drain is the smell of sewage. When drains are clogged, anything that goes down into the drain will build up and rot in the lines. This can become even more noticeable and disgusting if you live in a warmer area. If you smell sewage in your home, it’s a good idea to act quickly.
- Fruit and drain flies. When waste and other sewage starts building up in your drain, it’ll start to attract flies. Fruit flies like the smell and can be a health risk when they get into your kitchen and food. Meanwhile, the aptly named drain fly (also known as sewer or filter fly) likes to breed in septic tanks, sewers, and clogged drains. If you start noticing lots of flies, you’ll definitely want to start cleaning your drain.
- Strange noises. If your drains are clogged, they may start making some odd noises. When drains get clogged, the water may be forced to go through small spaces or change course. This can result in strange gurgling or bubbling noises. You may also hear these noises if air gets trapped in the pipes.
Why trust Benjamin Franklin Plumbing with your drains?
Instead of relying on harmful drain cleaning products that don’t solve the problem, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to clean your drains. Our plumbers are fully certified and can provide dependable solutions and precise workmanship in the midst of a plumbing catastrophe. We’ve seen it all, so we know how to handle it all. If your drains are slow, producing bad odors, or making odd noises it’s best not to wait.
Call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing today to get your plumbing back in tip-top shape!